Monday, September 1, 2008

RAWKUSNESS

Do I lie to maintain my good standing (is that a contradiction or what?) or do I confess. I confess. As is my usual habit, I have strayed from the raw path. However, I am right back on it. Last night I had some of the cheesecake I made for my son's birthday. It was good. I enjoyed it, and even though I do look a bit tired, dark circles, etc. the agave nectar didn't seem to bother me. And I didn't get pins and needles in my joints like I sometimes do with sweets when I was trying to fall asleep. Or any cracks in my feet. Then today, I made everyone waffles, and ate two with maple syrup. They were really good.....I put alot of raspberries & cream granola in them and a bit of almond extract and some cinnamon. But, I am resolved to get right back on track and to stay there. No use in letting this throw me off.

I made this great dinner last night, it was to be a wrap but ended up being a salad. It was a thai inspired paste (which was runny so not a paste) with tahini, ginger, white miso, minced green onion, honey, apple cider vinegar, and garlic. Since the paste was more of a sauce, and I didn't really have anything to make a wrap with, I finely chopped up some dino kale, quartered some thinly sliced cucumber rounds, made carrot ribbons, added some chopped up basil, parsley and cilantro, some Mrs. Dash's Spicy Seasoning and mixed it all together with bit of chopped red bell pepper, and some avocado and it made a yummy salad. I ate half and saved the other half for today. I will be eating it soon. This was my take on Renee Loux Underkoffler's receipe for Thai Rim Rolls. If you've made them, you may not recognize it quite as I made a few substitutions, but it's from her "Living Cuisine" cookbook which is wonderful.

For dinner and sustenance for tomorrow I am looking at a recipe in RawFood RealWorld by Sarma Melngailis and Matthew Kenny which is also excellent. The recipe I am pondering and probably will make is Zucchini and Green Zebra Tomato Lasagne which I will make with whatever tomatoes I have, as I do not have any Green Zebras.

I am also making Panzanella for my husband. It's a tomato and bread salad with sweet onions, red wine vinegar and fresh basil leaves. It is heavenly but I best make my lasagne first so I don't eat it (or not much of it). I have to be realistic here....when I make my favorite foods, raw or cooked, I eat them. Will have to work on that.

The weigh-in, today and yesterday 183.5

Tomorrow is my first real kickboxing class.......can't wait!!

Ciao bellas!
Alessandra