Wednesday, September 24, 2008

GAME'S NOT OVER YET

I am so proud of Tammy, she did not let yesterday's events get her down, she is just more determined than ever. So today, we made some modifications. I juiced some this year's crop organic Granny Smith apples for her in my Greenstar, and then mixed the pulp back in, thus making her a raw applesauce. She can add stevia if she wants it sweeter, and as applesauce has been one of her mainstays, she probably eats nearly a large jar a day, this is a familiar food for her in a very healthy way. She also wanted to still do juice, so I am having her juice only a couple of types of veggies, to see how she does with them, and to mix the pulp back in. This will help her feel more full, digest the veggies more easily, maintain a stable blood sugar level and have bulk and fiber for her colon in a way that won't stop it up, but actually help her to release waste...and so we shall see what happens.

This is just such a challenge, so much to deal with, but we are doing it. I am so proud of her for her courage. She is very courageous, has alot of spirit, and is more than ready to be done dealing with this situation.

I am happy with me too. Still raw and I made this rawesome green smoothie pudding this morning. It contains the leftover macadamia nut/date mixture I made yesterday, which by itself is too sweet for me, some of Tammy's raw grannysmith applesauce (I made alot didn't know how much she'd want) for tartness, 2 bananas, some parsley, dandelion greens, cilantro, and olive oil. It is yummy and thick and very filling. And I am also doing very well with staying raw, and now back down to 184 after some fluctuations. Hope to keep this trend going!

No comments:

Post a Comment