Sunday, August 31, 2008

HIP HIP HOORAW!!!

I am soooo happy!! It is so easy for me right now. Being raw that is. I credit the superfoods for this as they are making me feel so good and I don't have any cravings. Fasting last week probably helped also....it would have been good to continue the fast but I had a busy weekend coming up so I ended it on Friday evening. The timing wasn't perfect as I was going into a detox (or so it felt as I have been so tired....yet not) but I am getting through it, trying to be good to myself.....

Today is my middle son's birthday....he is 14 now, and nearly 6'1" tall. I made him a cheesecake which I am proud to say I only tasted the bare minimum to make sure it was good as I never follow recipes exactly, but I am not even tempted by it. And if after it is all finished (with the yummy local organic fresh peaches from the Farmer's Market) I were to be tempted....I wouldn't as I made it with agave nectar which doesn't agree with me at all. He is having 3 friends spend the night, and for dinner we are having chicken shish kebobs, with fresh corn on the cob. I am wanting to transition my family over to vegan but I don't think this is the occasion to make shish kebobs with marinated portobello mushrooms or tempeh. (Not that you could made a tempeh shish kebob....lol) But I did buy some tempeh and have in the past made tempeh burgers that everyone loved. Unfortunately I can't find the recipe I used......but it won't be that difficult to come up with something yummy.

My breakfast this morning was my BrainOn/MSM drink, followed by some chocolate hemp bliss with the Amazing Greens (2 packets) greens in it, then a banana pudding made with a lusciously ripe banana, some of my yummy chocolatenutcurrant mix, with some maca and bee pollen added in. I am now really loving the maca. I credit it for the incredible energy I have been having.

And oh, yesterday was such a wonderful day! Went to the Farmer's Market early, got a wonderfully shady parking space, bought 25 lbs. of peaches, some more yummy yukon gold potatoes, a heavenly bar of cilantro lime hemp soap, some out of this world tomatoes, awesome dark green parsley, and then later at the grocery store bought some macadamia nuts, pine nuts, walnuts, golden flax seeds, white miso and found a lovely new brand of raw tahini (Once Again with an adorable picture of a racoon on it) and I ran into of the best people in the whole wide world, who used to work at the local food co-op which sadly had to close this past year....Sean who gives the best hugs, so full of love, and Cornelius whose love and amazing energy light up the world. So glad to know where they are now, so I can visit them often. Can never get too many sweet loving hugs and loving energy infusions!

And then, my 12 yr old son and I went to check out a kickboxing place/instructor, and he was as nice as he sounded on the phone, and I think this is going to be so awesome (and alot of work!!). And best of all I can tell my 12 yr old really likes it as well. We start Tuesday, and will be going 3 times a week, more if we're up for it, and have time. I don't like how flab has started to take over my body....and this is fun!!! And the instructor is a real gem. And it's close to where we live. I can't wait to get started on this new adventure!

Today we are taking our son out to lunch for his birthday, to Chipotle's...and I already have my lunch planned. It is going to be a Fajita salad....so I will go through the line in reverse and start with the lechuga, then some guacamole, then some fresh salsa, some hot salsa and some lightly sauteed peppers and onions, and while a Corona would seem tempting, I know better.

Ciao bellas!
Life is beautiful!!

Alessandra

ps last night we watched a great movie, "French Twist"...very good. and funny.
and yeah, feminista!!! I was so annoyed to see a display of the 'classics' at a book table in the library...all men authors.....no good women writers??? They don't even think about it. Don't even realize the balance that is missing. Will have to enlighten them.