Tuesday, September 9, 2008

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!

Like so many people, I always start out well, even do well for nearly a month, and then I falter, and mess up. At the moment, I feel that I am doing well and I really really really hope it continues. I am not going to be hard on myself and think that I have to be perfect, but I have to be good and maintain and really try, and just do it! Yesterday I drank my Master Cleanse drink all day, but I really didn't drink as much of it as I needed, so by the end of the day, around dinner time I was really hungry, and instead of picking up my bottle of juice and drinking it, I had a piece of the raw peach pie. Not a bad choice, just not juice fasting. For dinner I had 1 1/2 avocados with some spicy salsa (not raw) and some organic blue corn chips. For dessert I had another piece of the raw peach pie. In between I also had some of my treat of blended nuts, currants and raw cacao nibs. I added 2 teaspoons of maca to that. Overall, not bad eating. And this morning, when I woke up, I was rewarded for it. My weight, post-evacuation (sounds like I live in a hurricane area) was 184.5. A 2.5 lb loss. Hmmm.

Encouraging to say the least. And last night Tammy and I did our stretching and a bit of floor exercises. We are both quite out of shape but it is good!!! And we are going to do it every night! It is so good for me to have another woman in the house, a friend...and Tammy is such a great friend, so loving and encouraging and just fun to be around. And it is so cool that she used to watch our boys when they were very young, she told me a story this morning about something one did to the other when he was only 2 (knocked his older brother's block building down with his stuffed animal...lol) and it just was so touching to me to hear that, something I had missed, a behaviour I didn't remember, and also so like my son...and it made me realize that Tammy and her family are becoming like family to me......and I love that feeling. I care about them and they care about me, about us. I have missed that. My own family is great, but I don't feel that close to any of them, as we all live so far away from each other.

I tried Tammy's Breville juicer today, and while it isn't perfect, a bit of pulp in the juice, it is just so much faster and easier to clean than the Greenstar that I would love to have one for my own, especially if I want to do a juice feast. Which I do!! But Tammy will be around for a while, so I will have to take advantage of that. So I made 40 ounces of a yummy juice of carrot, apple, zucchini, broccoli, kale, parsley, a cauliflower core and some celery. My body is very happy that I am giving it such good juice. My mood today is very very good! I am happy!!! I want to stay here!

So...today's menu is juice, Master Cleanse, and raw foods for dinner...and kickboxing class tonight. Hurray!!

ciao bellas!
Alessandra

No comments:

Post a Comment