Monday, September 8, 2008

RAW PEACH PIE - YUM

This weekend was pretty good.....took my son to his tennis lesson on Saturday morning, then stopped by the Farmer's Market to get 2 large bags of the best basil ever, then did a bit of grocery shopping on my way home. Went home, got ready for my kickboxing class....and after that....drove to Nebraska to get Tammy.

Ate mostly raw on Saturday, with the exception of a peanut butter and banana sandwich on sprouted grain bread. Wish I had remembered I had the raw pine nut butter I would have used that instead. My kickboxing class was good....did some ab work...oh my! Those muscles haven't been used in a while.....I didn't even do all that much and my muscles are sore. We did one exercise that worked muscles that I didn't even know about....need to do more of that!

The drive to Nebraska is long, but the highway I take has very little traffic so I breeze along at 85-90 mph. Mostly. I don't tailgate, and I don't go fast when there are other cars, congestion, towns, etc. So got there in about 5 hours. Tammy's entire family was around plus 2 nephews and a girlfriend. It was a full house, but I enjoyed seeing them all. Her granddaughter Brianna is such a cutie!! Love her........and Joe's girlfriend Rachel is great. So happy to see him with such a nice girl. A redhead at that!

The drive back was equally long, but this time I had company and it went well. Got stopped near this little town, I was going 75.....in a 65.....but the trooper was nice and only gave me a warning. Thank you!

Came back home, made pesto for dinner......yum! I had it with pasta so it wasn't all raw...but it was so yum. Also had a salad before that....with some lovely delicious orange egg shaped tomatoes we have in our garden. I don't remember what kind they are...just so good! Then I dealt with the rest of the peaches I bought the prior weekend.....peeled off the skins, cut up the best ones to make a raw peach pie, the other ones that didn't have that good of flavor I sliced with the food processor, then cooked up with some apricot jam from the store, pureed that in the blender....I'd added some tapioca which helped thicken it some, and then I also added my secret ingredient...the Colonix psyllium fiber blend as it works well, as a nice banana-ish flavor and helped to thicken the jam and the pie.

My pie turned out well, everyone really liked it. I didn't have quite enough nuts for the crust, so it was a bit sticky, but delicious...made it with some soaked dates, some macadamia nuts and a few pecans, with a bit of cinnamon. The peach filling was mostly raw, but I used a bit of apricot jam to coat and sweeten the peaches, and thickened it with the pysllium fiber. I served it for breakfast this morning and everyone loved it!

I am back to doing the Master Cleanse this week, as I really really really want to lose weight. I want to be healthy too......so I am also taking spirulina and adding the BrainOn liquid to my Master Cleanse along with cayenne and maca. Today's 2 quarts have 1 teaspoon of cayenne and 2 teaspoons of maca and a fair bit of BrainOn. I am going to pour some into a glass in a little bit here and add some MSM.....

I weighed 187 this morning pre-evacuation....was hoping for less...oh well. I have a goal....which is to lose 20 pounds in 5 weeks. That is doable....and I am trying to be as raw as I can be, and always trying to see if I can't increase my raw intake. Tammy brought her new Breville Juice Fountain ....it looks awesome...can't wait to try it out. So this week will be raw juices and Master Cleanse.....and kickboxing!!

Also going to start doing floor exercises in the evenings.....stretching mainly. Tammy wants to also....and I have wanted to for a while. Having Tammy here is good motivation to do well. Tired today, not sure what is up with that. Didn't have any pie as my body doesn't seem to like the jam.

Read a nice post about the SimplyRaw Festival up in Ottowa,Canada from Robin "Keiko" Gregory's blog http://www.rawketscience.blogspot.com/ . There was also a Green Lifestyle Film Festival, which I would have loved to have seen. There are some excellent films out there. She mentioned one which was all about the cancer industry (my words).....as it is big business for the pharmaceutical companys, etc. I have never contributed any money to the American Cancer Society and I never will. They don't truly want to find a cure for cancer....as the cure is known. They just want to make money. What a hoot. Getting rich while working for a non-profit that is supposed to help save lives....but doesn't. She said it was excellent, but also sad and disturbing.

That's the scoop for now....
ciao bellas!!

Alessandra

No comments:

Post a Comment