Wednesday, September 24, 2008

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

I am happy to report that I am still raw. Still 100% raw and I attribute my success to green smoothies and taking anti-candida stuff. I know I say this every day but this is truly a big deal for me as I have been wanting this for so long. I know I am not out of the woods yet, but I am doing well, and feeling satisfied...feeling that I am eating enough. I am also going to be receiving Victoria Boutenko's books "12 Steps to Raw Foods" and "Green for Life"...hopefully by the end of this week, but definitely early next week. Tammy is no longer doing juice....another bad day. And I am a bit frustrated by this fact as I know, if I were able to be with her all day, she would be ok. But I am not so she makes juices that if she thought about it, she would not make, as her body reacts to practically everything, and for success she needs to only use things she knows she does well with, but to be fair, her body doesn't seem to play fair. Foods she thinks don't bother her when cooked, or when used in moderation seem to really bother her when juiced. But she made a juice with greens I would not have used, and didn't do just a bit to see what her reaction would be, so was throwing up alot today, and of course, felt better when she ate some cooked foods...which I am glad she felt better, but she doesn't understand why cooked foods make her feel better. I am not trying to be a blind, just ignore everything rah rah raw foodist...I am trying to help her heal....and she has not been healing on cooked foods either...so it's just such a challenge. Such a challenge. However, there is something that we are going to try, which is allergy testing and possible allergy shots, which helped her son when he was feeling similarly...
just have to keep our fingers crossed.

So my green smoothie pudding lasted me a long while today, satisfied me for a long while today, but was definitely a bit too sweet for me. More yucky phlegm, more fatigue, dark circles from eating it, but it was still overall okay. So had the green smoothie pudding, a lime Lara bar (are they truly raw?), a bit of raw goat cheese, just two thin slices down the skinny side, with a couple of yummy tomatoes from our garden, then dinner was mixed greens salad with tomatoes and a yummy tahini sauce (100% raw) that I made for the falafels that everyone else had for dinner.
It was wonderful on my salad, and I think I will make more to have on salads. I got the recipe out of my large yellow Gourmet cookbook.

1/2 cup of raw tahini
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice (or less...it seems like half that amount is better)
Mrs. Dash's Extra Spicy Seasoning
freshly ground pepper
cumin to taste
2 cloves garlic chopped fine
handful of cilantro chopped fine
salt to taste (earth/sea salt)

Mix it all up and yum. If it seems to separate at any point, looks wierd, add a bit more water and stir...water will bind it all back together nicely. wierd but true. Can add more water or some fresh squeezed orange juice to thin it out and make a lovely dressing for salads or use as is...it is wonderful!

And I weighed myself after dinner as I felt like I ate alot today that was heavy (though I didn't really) weight was 185.5 I was expecting 187. So pleased. Do hope I sleep tonight, I have not slept well for 2 nights in a row.

Life is beautiful...because it just is.
Ciao bellas!

love,
Alessandra

No comments:

Post a Comment