Wednesday, September 10, 2008

GIVE ME SOME JUICE!!

I made another yummy juice this morning. Actually I am quite proud of myself as I got up at 6:15 instead of the 7:03 that was my usual. I love to sleep, and sleep better in the morning often than I do all night, but it is much better if I can get up earlier. And I hate it that sleep is even an issue!! As I used to never even think about it. I'd go to bed, I'd fall asleep, til morning!! Hah!

So I made a yummy juice, ended up using both juicers, as while the Breville is quick and easy to clean, it doesn't do leafy greens such as kale or parsley. It just chews them up and spits them out. So I juiced the carrot, broccoli, celery and apples in the Breville, then switched to the Greenstar for the parsley and kale. I thought something was missing in my juice yesterday (not for lack of 'juicing' it) as the kale and parsley didn't make it into my juice, just into the waste. I was too busy yesterday to notice, but today, I realized what had happened so started out with one stalk of parsley, a nice big fat one, with the Breville...saw it get chewed up and spit out the wrong side (ie no juice) tried a few small kale leaves...same thing. Well no wonder. This type of juicer does not do leafy greens. duh. lol. So today's juice is yummy and delicious and has that nice background taste of the parsley and kale. And I made some Master Cleanse as well, and cleaned both juicers and even got to work 15 minutes early as I thought I needed to set up the conference room, turns out the meeting started at 9am....but that's okay. I got a good parking spot.

This morning's weight...post-evac 184. Half a pound down. I think tomorrow will be better....did kickboxing last night, then came home and did some stretching and a bit of yoga....oh yes, still out of shape, but improving slowly. Feel good.

So working on being high raw as I don't think I am going to sucessfully do all raw...will try, just need to be organized so I can make enough food. It takes time, and time? I don't have enough. I cook dinner for my family and help clean up and go to kickboxing and take my friend to her appointments, my kids to their tennis lessons, etc. work full time....sound familiar? lol. ok.

Just happy to be feeling so good.....Robin has some more awesome posts, one about the myths about protein and another with some lovely photos of tea country. I want that house...that totally natural house in the tropics. Much rather that than any fancy brick/cement mansion. Give me Mother Earth!!!

ciao bellas!
love,
Alessandra

No comments:

Post a Comment