Wednesday, January 28, 2009

THE STORY OF STUFF

I sent out an email to a bunch of people who happened to have gotten captured by my email site...and got one back as an autoresponse with a link to a great website and video. The video took forever to load (on my computer) but was a great video...I have to show it to my kids. It shows why we shop, and the complete picture of what our rampant consumerism does to people and the planet. Here is the link. http://www.storyofstuff.com/index.html It is called.."The Story of Stuff". Very nicely done...good for kids and adults. Makes you really think about what you/we are doing to the planet....buying 'stuff'.....throwing it away...where does it all go....yeah.....it has no where to go......and we keep throwing away more and more stuff....til soon it will literally be in our own backyards. I have felt bad about this for awhile now....hate having to throw away stuff. We throw away lots of paper and plastic....and compostable food scraps....I try to recyle the paper and plastic and glass and cans.....and plan on building a compost heap this spring....and we don't buy alot of 'stuff' we don't need....which makes it all more alarming, as we still have plenty of 'stuff' we throw out...that I can't imagine where it goes. Lots to think about, take action on.

Today was a good day. I had 1 quart of green smoothie comprised of 24 oz of orange and grapefruit juices, 2 bananas and a bunch of mixed salad greens. I have been making them in my new chainsaw blender......chainsaw as it is so loud....and then 1 quart of the MC lemonade leftover from yesterday. This lemonade is what I call dragonfire lemonade as it had a lot of cayenne in it. 1 Tablespoon of cayenne in 2 quarts of lemonade. Yowza. I find that once I am used to there being cayenne in it, I can increase the amount quite a bit. It is very cleansing to use lots of cayenne. I have been taking fiber daily....but am out of my Ultra Colon Cleanse herbal laxative capsules...I have some other ones....the ripped me off royally ones....but I don't think they are very effective.

Today was a good day because I have stayed 100% raw and because it just was. I have felt a bit off at work...as it is a bit boring, not really what I want to do, and I have been feeling that I don't want to be there....but I am not 'ready' to leave, so I can't be putting that vibe out there, so I had a good meditation on it last night when I couldn't sleep because my feet were f'ing freezing, and I came to a good place about it, about how I was feeling....as it is a good job, 'secure' if there is such a thing, nice people, and it has interesting aspects about it. Partly I have been off because I personally have just been off and partly because I really do want to do something different with my life. So, today I went in with a good attitude, lots of positive affirmations, and had a really good day. Learned how to do something that I've needed to learn but the right moment hadn't come up....got things done that I needed to get done...felt good about my interactions...the one woman who seems down on me was nice to me today.....traffic was good coming and going and just now when I went on my email to get that link, my computer said the time was 7:17 (very special numbers to me...17...7...and I had 17 new emails in my inbox....at 7:17...a wonderful synchronicity. I am calling that number to me...17,771.....yes yes yes.....

So...dinner was a yummy little pudding of a handful of cashews with a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil, a bit of apple cider (raw) and some cacao nibs...that my blender only sort of blended...I was hoping for more of an incorporated chocolate pudding but it was more like chocolate chip pudding. Then I made a bit of guacamole with 1 small avo, 2 med tomatoes, a bit of cilantro, poblano pepper, lime juice, cayenne and Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning. Ate that with some of my flax crackers...the green ones that taste like they were made with grass and apples....lol....they give me gas and move my bowels...that works for me, though I doubt I make these again.

You are a beautiful spirit....thank you for reading my blog.

Ciao bellas!
love and blessings
Alessandra

No comments:

Post a Comment