Monday, January 5, 2009

CARROT SOUP

OMG just having an awesome day today.....went out and bought more luscious fruits and veggies..mainly fruits...mangos and avos are selling for a dollar a piece...so I just can't buy enough of them, I think I bought 14 mangoes today and now have at least 20 avos....and I bought more kiwi's and a ton of banana's as I keep running out! Almost bought more oranges and grapefruit...but I have enough of those for now....must keep some idea of a budget....so for dinner tonight I am making a yummy carrot soup....and the boys are having falalfels with a raw tahini sauce, clover and sunflower sprouts, fresh tomatoes and grated carrots...they love falafel...it's just from a dry mix bought in the Whole Foods bulk aisle...and very good. Just dont' cook them in too much oil, the more you use the more they absorb...and then get crumbly..I like to keep the oil in the pan to the minimum. So....first thing today was another yummy banana,mango, kiwi, orange, grapefruit smoothie.....then out and about....had a lime Lara bar.....now set to finish off last night's guac with some flax crackers....and oh oh oh I got more fresh basil 2 large containers of it...they'd been out of it for nearly a week...so happy to see it back....now I can make my raw lasagne and some raw pizzas. Oh I love this raw lifestyle. Tomorrow is my last free day before I have to go back to work...so I am going to make lots of raw food...including....raw onion rings. Think I will get those going right now!

Ciao bellas!!
Alessandra

ps my feeling ever so spoiled shopping spoils

14 mangoes
10 kiwi
2 large containers of basil
4 shallot bulbs
2 large spanish onions
large bunch of dandelion greens
bunch of cilantro
2 bunches of italian flat leaf parsley
2 bunches of lacinato kale
apple cranberry flax crackers
3 bunches of bananas...no make that 5
13 granny smith apples

oooh I love living la vida rawa

No comments:

Post a Comment