Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year to all.......I have been raw off and on during this last month, started working out at the gym.....kickboxing with Josh is no more sad to say....Josh has disappeared on us....personal issues. So I joined 24HrFitness....and go 3-4 times a week for major workouts....and I have been blogging on rawfu.com....hanging out over there. Today is January 1st, 2009 and I am determined to make this a 100% raw year. I was going to do just juice today, but that didn't happen. I got the brilliant idea to feed my 12 & 14 yr olds only raw food for a week....but it only lasted to mid-afternoon. They don't want to eat only raw...however, they will eat more raw...so that is good. I am using the pesto on raw zucchini noodles that they refused to eat to make pizza crust with. It all works out in the end.

Inspite of working out at the gym regularly for a month, my weight remains unchanged. Sigh. It isn't awful, but it's more than I want it to be....so....raw it is for weight loss, for energy, for spiritual and mental clarity.....I want to be a raw goddess by my next birthday. Which is 160 days from now. I want to have lost all of my weight, have stayed 100% raw, have gotten sleek buff and strong....and I expect to be a raw goddess with a whole new life by then. Lots to go for...and it happens to everyone who stays 100 percent raw....it is what I want.

So........last birthday I got lots of raw recipe books, and just last week, I bought a dehydrator, an Excalibur 5 tray......hoping to use it soon...but may have to put it in the basement. It's noisy. No one ever mentions the noise...just the noise of the fan....but I don't like noise. Not to mention my husband won't like the noise.....so will see where it ends up. Working on some pizza crust to make raw pizzas.....but didn't start soaking the almonds til 5 minutes ago.

Today I have had 12 oz of grapefruit juice with 4 oz of orange juice added....a green smoothie....and various noshes of some raw granola that I ground up into a paste with some added dates and liquid...for a pie crust, which I filled with a cream made out of macadamias, pine nuts and kombucha, and topped with kiwi and banana slices. The boys each ate a slice of that, but I only nibbled at it a little, just enough to know it was good. I then took the leftover crust and added some almond milk to it to make a thick drink....quite filling. Having that at the moment...will make a yummy green salad in a bit......so not juice feasting......but definitely raw. Feeling tired and hoping I have more energy tomorrow so I have a good workout.

So.....I'm back.....and plan on posting regularly. Watched a good movie the other night about Heinrich Harrer,an Austrian mountain climber who got stuck in Tibet and met the Dalai Lama, so it was also about the Dalai Lama......very much enjoyed the movie. I find I am less and less interested in watching movies anymore......has to be very good, very entertaining...no violence...
I got a video on tigers from the library I may watch later.

Wishing you all a wonderful new year.......it is going to be my best year ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment