Sunday, January 18, 2009

FEELING BETTER ALL THE TIME

Today is day 18 of being nearly always 100% raw....I say nearly always as I have been, except for a few white corn chips and then this morning I made waffles, and if I must say, I make the best waffles, and I ate some with maple syrup. That was at around 10 am and it is now 7:26 pm and I am just eating again....okay, I did have a banana a couple of hours ago, but other than that..nada.
Eating the waffles with maple syrup did not have any negative effect....and I am back to raw...as I am loving it and loving the way it makes me feel. Feeling that raw bliss more and more....days where I am happy with everything and everybody, even when things don't go according to plan.

That is where I want to be....to stay. My salad has some goat feta in it...not raw....but I wanted a greek salad....and it has olives, the goat feta and sweet baby bell peppers and tomatoes and avocado and thinly sliced red onion with mixed greens and Seeds of Change Greek Feta dressing. It is delicious.

I worked out again today.....it felt good. I brought a new book I got from the library...I am loving this book.....about a woman's travels in Morroco in the late 60's along with a bunch of great recipes.....it's a great read.....I am literally devouring it ( oooh a double entendre) and there are some recipes in it that are not cooked.....I love books about food and people's lives....I find them most enjoyable. Ruth Reichel's books, Laurie Colwin.......I remember once when I had bronchitis and stayed home from school for a week, I loved watching the cooking shows on tv. The Galloping Gourmet, Julia Child....I think at the time I found her to be a bit much but now if I saw her old cooking shows I know I would find her very funny. I love food and flavors and all of it's colors and textures.........a good croissant....ohh esp a good chocolate croissant....but those are things of the past......I may indulge in one if I ever come across a really outstanding one....but I am a Raw Goddess. Those days are behind me.

I made some flax crackers today....didn't use a recipe...don't really need a recipe. Some of the flax I ground....most of it I ground and I had some ground almonds, so used those, about 1 cup of the flax seed, whole (before I ground up most of it) and then I ran some carrots, parsley, kale and 2 granny smith apples through my juicer and used the pulp and the juice, and I ground up some dulse, just some, not too much, and added that in, with a bit more water and some apple cider vinegar for contrast. I would use citrus juice but I am sharing them with a friend who can't have citrus. They are very green, the batter tasted good....I can't wait til they are ready. It made 3 trays worth....I tried to spread them thinly....I like thinner crackers. I will be a cracker factory....they are so easy to make.....never buy them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment