Monday, August 8, 2011

DREAMS***I HAVE DREAMS

I am a raw goddess......that is my goal and my dream and I feel the universe aligned behind me in pursuit of this goal.  For me, what is a bit difficult is figuring out how not to get bored with the food.  I think learning a new way of eating is much like learning a new language.  At first, it is easy, but as you get down to it, it takes self-discipline and determination to perservere.  I have been making raw dishes from recipes from the books that I have, and that I have taken from many websites....and they all sound good.....but none of them are all that good.  What I make doesn't look as good as what is pictured or described.....and something may taste good but the texture throws me off, or the seasoning doesn't work..  But I am sticking with it....going back to simpler foods.  Foods that have not been messed with too much....foods that I know that I like.  I tried making a raw version of a quiche...basically made a nut crust that was seasoned for a quiche, and used the same basic ingredients as one would use when making a raw cheesecake to make the quiche filling, adding some marinated vegetables to that.  It turned out ok, but not great.  And is a heavier meal than I need on a daily basis.  So today is my 9th day of being mostly raw.  I have not been 100% all of the time, but most of the time.  My goal is to be 100% raw, and I am not having any cravings for cooked food....I am just not liking much of what I have been making that is raw food.

I would much rather just eat things in their natural states than try and create all of these complicated raw dishes which are rarely very satisfactory....I am putting my thinking cap on and will eat what appeals to me and see if I have a system that is unique and that may interest, even benefit, others.

So to keep track of the evolution of my diet I will be posting what I eat everyday....it is a helpful thing to do.

Today's menu
Green smoothie made with orange, banana, strawberries, mixed salad greens and some NUtrientDEnse protein supplement.

Also have some raw almonds and blueberries.......off menu had 4 dark chocolate Nuggets.....2 would have sufficed, none would have been best.

It is now lunch time...will finish my smoothie.....it is a quart of smoothie....and then later have some blueberries and maybe more banana.........gym session tonight....looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment