Thursday, August 18, 2011

DAY 3~ WEEK ONE OF SEVEN ~ BLOCK ONE OF SIX~(42 WEEKS)

Another very good day.  It is strange...yesterdays post says it was posted on Thursday, which is today, and I know I was not up that late....wierd.  Today I had my green smoothie....made with 2 ripe peaches, an orange, 2 med bananas, 10 small strawberries, 4 handfuls of mixed greens and 2 tbsp of nutrient dense powder.  which is made with almonds, sunflower seeds, ground flax, hemp seeds, spirulina, psyllium powder nutritional yeast and cinnamon.  Also had some almonds, some Garden of Life raw greens powder, 1 tsp of maca, a small salad with a few slices of hard  boiled egg and a little bit of cheese...I was hungry today...for something not sweet, which my smoothie seemed to be...took me all day to finish it.  Then I went to the gym, came home, had 3 toasted pieces of sprouted grain toast with mayo, avocado (1 avo total) and Mrs Dashes Chipotle seasoning yum, 1 orange tomato (med smallish), then still feeling hungry or something I had 2 more pieces of sprouted grain toast with raw almond butter and banana slices.  hmmm..not sure if I needed all that...but did do alot today.

It was good at the gym. my work out was fueled by maca and chocolate and the raw greens powder...and music...today I was listening to George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh...great songs on there....and later, when I was in the steam room I struck up a conversation with a young woman, who had a bit of a cough....and then she told me she also had had bv (bacterial vaginosis) something I know something about, so I was telling her all these alternative, natural ways to deal with it, told her it was a sign of an imbalance and to avoid alcohol and sweets for a while til things were back in balance, take alot of probiotics, eat plain yogurt. etc......when she'd had enough of the steam room she left saying "thank you goddess" to me as she left.  sweet....so sweet. love it that she said that.  I also exchanged a nice smile and namaste hand greeting with this older Nepali man who comes to the gym with his son.  I just find him to have nice energy.....but perhaps he is a bit simple too...not really sure, but his son noticed that he likes me (in a friendly way I would hope) and seems to try and keep him away from me.  I have never overtly tried to be friendly with him...but have smiled at him and he was in the steam room once when I was in there....anyways...it was nice to exchange that greeting...I don't think he speaks any English.
I am trying to be very circumspect, yet friendly...don't want the old man to get any ideas (which I don't think he should but not sure why the son thinks his interest in me is bad...I only say this because one day he did choose to use a treadmill right next to the one I was on.....and while I didn't really interact with him, I was aware he was there and was a bit amused by him....anyhoo it was after this that I noticed his son seemed to keep him far away from where I am in the gym...I am not trying to make this into something it is not.....just find it curious.  I like to be friendly to people, like people from other countries....but want to be respectful also.  It is no big deal....just one of those curious things that keep your brain tied up a bit....but I don't necessarily need to understand or know what's up with it....just let it be. as. it. is.

So...tomorrow starts 4 days of juice...and 4 days of good times...I can tell I am not all that resolved to do this...so don't know if I will keep to it...but if I just remember how wonderful my last bit of juice fasting was...I will be inspired to do it properly...not mess it up.

My first juice of the day tomorrow is going to be a hodge podge...not sure what I have around, but do have greens, carrots, apples, parsley if it's not gone bad, cucumbers ,broccoli, celery....should be okay.

Then later I will go out and get lots of greens, romaine lettuces, kale, more parsley, dandelion greens, I want to do some straight green juices.  Maybe all straight green juices.  I am also going to try juicing my sprouts.

So onwards and upwards..so looking forward to enjoying the next 4 days...and now it's time for bed.

ciao bellas!

Back again......couldn't sleep...lots of phlegm...drainage, pain in elbow joint (typical of my candida crap) and I have painful fissures in my heels.....shit.  I think it's the bread.  It didn't used to do this to me....but I do think that must be it.  More reason to go 100%.  These dang heel fissures are like cuts....deep cuts...and they hurt and are unsightly....I cover them up with coverstick...even put it into them like spackle...it seems to help them heal a bit.....but damn I wish they would just fricking leave and never ever come back!  Sick of them.  Those and the circular lesion just above my right ankle on the outside of my leg.  Red and itchy.....feh!  I wanted motivation to keep me juicing....there it is.  Also found out getting another $500 put into my HSA account....that will help buy some produce.  Best medicine in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment