Saturday, August 20, 2011

SATURDAY DY5WK1BLK1 YEAH!

Okay!  Today is a totally awesome wonderful day!  It feels like an Indian summer day out there.....warm but the breeze is nice and you can just sense fall peeking around the corner....  I need to get back outside.  So, I am doing juice today and doing it well.  But that nasty sprout juice just keeps on biting.  I finally had to put it down.  Down the drain that is.   I made an awesome green juice today, 2 beautiful quarts, it is 1 full bunch of parsley, a full bunch of dandelion greens, a full bunch of dino kale, 6 skinny carrots to push the greens through (my juicer tends to get a bit clogged up if I do lots of leafy greens) 1 cucumber, 1 head of romaine lettuce and 4 large outer stalks of celery.  It is good!!  And I thought it's goodness could tame the badness of the sprout juice, but that sprout juice was just incorrigible....so I put dumped it down the drain, unfortunately I mixed an entire quart of my lovely green juice with it first....and lost all of that as well.

But I went to the Farmers Market and the greengrocers and got some more lovely things....lovely ripe peaches, fresh peaches and cream sweet corn, more kale, some lovely striped heirloom tomatoes, more parsley, more romaine and some lovely chiogga beets.  Not sure what chiogga beets are other than a lovely red color (lighter than regular beets)...less purpley...should make some fine juice.  I have incidentally eaten a few small things today,..a lovely yellow cherry tomato...a piece of yummy cantelope and I unthinkingly ate a small piece of carrot at a picnic.  But I am good on just juice today....I can tell I will get through the day with flying colors....I had some great thoughts last night as I lay in bed falling asleep...but they are lost now...

Time to make more juice and get back outside!!
Ciao me lovelies.....love lovely yah...lovely is the word of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment