Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I HAVE A DREAM.........I HAVE A PLAN......

I still have a dream, the same dream, and I have a plan.  Another plan.  I will keep at this until I get it.  This new plan is 6 blocks of time, each 7 weeks long.  Taking me right up to the cusp of my next birthday.  I am  an amazing vibrant and healthy vision of loveliness of love living my dream life.  Each week I am eating as raw as I can and having 2-4 days of only juice.  Today was day 1.  I had a wonderful green smoothie for breakfast, oh, I lie, I had it mid-afternoon, 3:30-4pm...for breakfast.....I had 6 small squares of Black & Greens organic 70% dark chocolate.  That took me up to 2pm...then I made some toast, and promptly got distracted and left it in the toaster while I ran to the post office.  (Not far from where I was).  Came back and had 2 pieces of sprouted grain toast with raw almond butter and slices of a yummy ripe banana.  Afterwards I finished off my wonderful green smoothie, which was made with 2 ripe peaches, 1 orange, 2 ripe bananas, some frozen raspberries, 4 large handfuls of mixed greens and 2 tablespoons of NuDe...NutrientDense powder....  It was great.  I also nibbled on a few almonds during the course of the day.  After work I went to the gym and did a good 20 minutes on the stair stepper, followed by a good weight routine, then 30 minutes on the treadmill.  Normally I do at least 45 minutes, an hour if I have time, but I only got 4 hours of sleep last night plus was a bit crunched for time.  I came home, had 2 more pieces of sprouted grain toast, with a good bit of pesto slathered on each and a good bit of tiny ripe cherry tomatoes.  That was dinner.

Yesterday I went to Barnes & Noble and looked at a whole armload of cookbooks, some raw, some not, then wrote down the names of the ones I like best, and came home and reserved them at my local library.  I am so grateful for the wonderful library system we have here, as I found all of the books I was wanting.

They are,  Living Raw Foods by Sarma Melngailis, RAWvolution by Matt Amsden, The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook by Nancy Harmon Jenkins, Raw Family Signature dishes by the Boutenkos, Super Natural Everyday by Heidi Swanson and last week I went to a local independent bookstore, found some great books and also put holds on them.....Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting by Lynn Grabhorn,  The Mirror of Yoga, Awakening the Intelligence of Body and Mind, by Richard Freeman, Inside-Out Healing, Transforming Your Life Throught the Power of Presence, by Richard Moss, and Law of Attraction Plain & Simple by Sonia Ricotti and a bunch of books, books on CD etc by Eckhardt Tolle.

All of this is really helping me to change...I am using as many things as I can....to seek change, to be change, to change my habits, to overcome my self-sabotage...which is my biggest block.  I am getting there, I know what I am up against.....very consciously, ...I will do this.  I will become a Raw Goddess, living a life fulfilling my dreams and potential.  I checked out a program by someone else, and was very disappointed.  Some of it was good, but the main thing I wanted....seemed so off to me...so money and luxury, materialistic focused.  Not what I am looking for...yeah, I want a good life, abundance etc, but I don't want to have it by selling someone else's product which is kind of like chasing my tail....I don't want to have to sell anything.  I can see getting paid for service.....but you will get more than your money's worth...and...the biggest thing of all...I am already living a life of abundance....I am already  blessed beyond measure.  I am so grateful for all of the wonderful people and circumstances of my life.....it is here now. 

So...today was a good day.  A success.  A few things I could have done better....had my smoothie right away, not had the chocolate...had more raw food available so I don't eat the sprouted grain bread.  My goal is to wean myself away from it....but it is all good....I just do want to be 100% raw...for at least 6 months.  Then I will truly know how great I can feel........I can feel the magic already.... I want more of it!

Tomorrow...no green smoothie for breakfast...unless...unless I take the blender to work and make it there, as I have no bananas at home (accidentally left my wallet at home so could not get to the store for more...)  I do have some bananas at work,  so if I bring everything else, I can make my smoothie there.  That is what I am going to do as I just have to have my green smoothie. 

I can't wait to get my books from the library.  If I had had my wallet today, I would have gotten Sarma's book...she is very awesome, imho.....really like what she does, her recipes...she had a very good article in her book about soy, explaining exactly why it is not good for consumption unless it is fermented, explaining the awful things done to it to make it into things like 'tvp'...textured vegetable protein....which is a frankenfood if there ever was one.....I wish she had something in there about canola oil as well...she might..I was in a bit of a hurry so didn't get to read it all...will get it tomorrow!  I am excited!!!

Tomorrow is going to be another awesome, rawsome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment