Friday, August 19, 2011

DAY 4 BLK 1 OF 7 WEEK 1 OF 6 ~ JUICE VACATION

If you've never had fresh green juice before you probably would not like it, but actually it's not that bad.  This being a quart of cucumber, broccoli and romaine juice.






I could drink it without anything else in it, but I am going to juice sprouts, carrots, and a couple of apples  to add in with it.  Maybe a zucchini also.  .... So...I next juiced a large maybe gallon container of mixed sprouts...alfalfa, radish and broccoli.  Tastes like concentrated sprouts with a radish bite.  It definitely needs something blended with it to mellow it out.  I would not drink much of this straight.  One small sip has got my stomach looking at me like.."what did you do?"  It feels very cleansing and purging.

Next, I juice 2 lbs of Bunny Luv carrots.  Sweet and delicious.  I poured that in with all of the previously made juice, it hardly made a dent.  The sprouts are definitely the dominating taste.  Come on apples!  But first, a bit of celery juice.  I want the colors of each to show up clearly, before they get tossed into the mix.  Ah, celery juice.  Tastes like celery.  Now the apple juice.  Granny Smith apples.  yum!  I was only going to juice 3 of them, but with the sprouts being all bad-ass I need all 6 of them.



 Hopefully I can drink all of this juice.  It's quite a bit.  3 quarts...and it's ok.  Not great.  But it's what's for juice today!


So that is how I started this day....but first, I got up, said good morning to everyone, pooped and went back to bed.  Before I went to the bathroom, I was lying in bed and my left shoulder was aching in the liver spot.  oh.  My liver still hasn't forgiven me for my birthday transgression (it was rather much) and it still hasn't completely recovered from the cedar oil poisoning of a year ago.  That was quite major. Seriously major.  So I have to be nice nice nice to it.  Good to my liver.  Good to myself.  After I went to the bathroom that pain went away.  good.  And then I took off all of my clothes and weighed myself which is my morning routine.  I am fortunate in that I usually poop shortly after waking.  I weighed....oh this is big..I never reveal this...but I don't care as much anymore...hmm..anyway, I weighed 187.  Down a pound and a half from yesterday.  I am 5'11" so I carry this weight quite well, except for looking like I am 3-4 months along.  So I was pleased with that, especially since I thought I had eaten a fair bit yesterday, late in the day, but I was hungry and ate good things.  But here is the strange part.  After sipping on all of these juices, just sipping, taking small tastes of each, I have pooped 2 more times...so I went upstairs and weighed myself again and I now weigh a half a pound more than earlier!  This is bizarre as you would think the matter that left would more than outweigh the little liquid that has gone in...but I swear sometimes weight comes and even goes, like magic.  As in losing 3 pounds overnight...which can happen.  ie weight before bed and weight upon rising....wierd...but whatever.  So now I am going to see if the apples have made the juice decently palatable, and then clean out the fridge, and then go out.  I need to get more yummy, luscious produce so I can make more yummy luscious juice!

Between my candida heel fissures and my liver in need of healing, I have more than enough motivation to juice.  Enjoy your day!

Just finished cleaning up the kitchen, pooped again...looks like last nights dinner...tomato skins in it.  yeh I know...tmi....   Put some almonds in water to soak for almond milk later, and making up my shopping list.  Hope I can find a nut milk bag without going online.  It is a nice cloudy day....cool...so different than yesterday which was hot and sunny and  nearly 100 degrees!

Now out and about for some adventure!

The day was good but I was tired today.  It wasn't until later this evening when I made some pesto with lots of garlic and had it on some sprouted grain toast, that I felt better.  And yes I know it bothered me yesterday, but I only had 1 slice....not 6.  And, Yes, I didn't do juice all day.  I did it til around 4 or 5pm  then I caved.  I bought this really yummy boutique granola when I was out, had that.  Also had a few corn chips...and a few soaked skinned almonds.  I did not drink all of my juice....only drank 1 quart of it.  I did have also the juice of a large fresh young coconut when I was out.....that was good...but I think I need to do only green juice...without carrots or apples.  My body doesn't seem to deal well with too much sugar right now....not a good sign, but also a sign that having straight green juices would be good.  So tomorrow, I start again, with green juices.  I bought 2 large heads of romaine lettuce, a thing of celery, 2 bunches of parsley, a large bunch of dino kale, a small red cabbage...I also bought 5 lbs of carrots and 2 bags of small, very nice looking apples, one granny smiths and one pink lady....will make juice for my boys with those.  I was thinking that perhaps what happened was the usual self sabotage....but don't really think so.  I think it was the carrots and apples that I had to add to my juice to counteract the biting radish sprouts.  I don't like radishes, watercress, anything that 'bites'....yet I do love hot spicy foods...jalapenos, etc.  It's a different kind of bite.  I found some red clover seeds for sprouting and bought a hemp bag that is going to be my nut milk bag.....so not entirely successful today, not what I aimed for, but overall a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment