Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SMOOTHIES!! DY1WK7BLK1

Food today is a green smoothie and a fruit smoothie.  Watching some more Dan the Man....love watching Dan the Man...and got inspired to do a smoothie fast......may or may not do it but I will definitely have them be the majority of what I eat.  Yesterday I had 2 fruit smoothies and 1 green smoothie....a salad...a banana or two...and some raw almonds.  Made my fruit smoothie today with my almond/coconut milk and 2 tbsp of hemp seeds.

Today has been absolutely 100% raw, and a wonderful day as well.  Everything just flowed.  I had my smoothies and a banana and some raw almonds at work.....then another banana after work.  I have stopped going to the gym for a little while...I needed to take a break from it...it was getting boring plus I have been tired again, kidneys again...I swear it must be candida in them....they do get better when I take the Primal Defense, thankfully, as you totally take them for granted until they pain you or don't work properly.  Mine seem to work, they just ache sometimes.....they didn't like my fruit smoothie so much....I took some Primal Defense as I was drinking it, but it didn't kick in until later......ouch.

After work I went to a free meditation class....there is a great store in town that offers free yoga and meditation.  I would like to do a yoga class but I didn't feel ready for one last night, so when I saw they had a meditation class tonight I thought that would be perfect.  It ended right when I needed to pick up the boys from kickboxing...worked out well.  The meditation itself was a bit different but good...I liked the people there esp the ones leading it.  One was a woman close to my age...very nice...definitely will go again.

Came home, made some more almond milk, then made a green smoothie for the boys...a bit strong on the arugula taste so I had to add another banana and a touch of vanilla.  That helped...they both drank it.  Yay!
My dinner so far has just been almond milk...sweetened with a bit of yacon syrup, and then a tiny bit of stevia.  The yacon didn't sweeten it as much as I like, but I didn't want to add more as it's expensive, so I added just a few drops of stevia instead of an entire dropperful....it's good....but I am wanting something more.  More banana?  More salad?  Not sure....just a bit of something else.

I listened to a bit of a Jerry & Esther Hicks book on tape while at work....he was reading it....it was interesting and seemed to contribute to the natural flow of my evening.  I don't have it on my computer here at home or I'd listen to a bit more of it.  But I think it's just as well not to.  So a good day..  I look forward to having many more.

Here is something that I posted earlier today over on the Garden Diet 28 day blog....
I am always here......doing my own thing, keeping quiet when I go off track.....finally back on 95-100% raw...it feels so good...why do I ever leave?  I know the answer to that question....I go off track when I hit bumps in the road, when I feel stressed either physically or emotionally...but my steering is getting better, my balance is getting better.  Even if it's not perfect (and I know it's not, will never be...) it's all good. Reading Jinjee's post with today's instructions and her blog excerpt was really helpful.  She has been mostly all raw for the past 17 years, but she still has issues with food sometimes, mentioned how using food to numb herself emotionally was an issue.....and from what I read from everyone who is raw and honest....they do as well.  It is just life.  Things come up.....it's not what happens but how we react.....and it feels good to acknowledge this.  To give myself a break.  A long time ago someone saw me very clearly, and told me to ...'go easy on you'.....and I knew what he meant....but doing that...isn't always so easy....but with raw it is so much easier.  Much easier to feel love, love myself, love others, go easy on myself, go easy on others.  I was looking at that today and was a bit appalled at how hostile towards others (and myself) I am sometimes.....it's not a sign of how bad I am, but how much more enlightened my thinking has become, and the reason is eating raw food.   I have discovered and have been watching Dan McDonald's videos (the Life Regenerator)....I really like them.  He's not perfect....but he's good and getting better all of the time, and he is real and honest and it's very inspiring to read his blog, watch his videos.  He does things alone, things with his daughters, things with Dave the Raw Trucker...things with alot of people.  I would really love to hear more of Dave the Raw Trucker's story...because he seems to have changed so much....has gotten to such an amazing wonderful place in his life with raw foods....I can never get enough of people's stories.........want their story to be my story.  Working on that.

After having been on a cooked food saga, and now back on raw.....it's amazing how much better I feel.  I was feeling grumpy and unfriendly and bleah, depressed......and back on raw, I see myself feeling better and happier everyday and I ask myself how can I not stay raw....and again...the answer is obvious....but I hope that the next time a bump in the road comes up, I just hold my breath and steer through it....and stay raw.  Even if that means eating only fruit smoothies and raw desserts.  Stay raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment