Saturday, September 3, 2011

HIGH RAW DY5WK3BLK1

I still have not made it back to 100% raw.  Lack of sleep, bit of a cold, dinner out with friends....and need I say it...I like cooked food.  But I am staying very high raw....with little variations.  Today I had a quart of fresh made grapefruit juice, then Chipotle for lunch..it was just a very small amount of rice (like 2 tbsp), pinto beans, fresh salsa, hot salsa, corn salsa, guacamole and lettuce.  I get it in the tortilla but I never eat the tortilla....don't know why I don't get it in a bowl.....just don't.  Did eat some chips also.  And I have 2 new lovely cookbooks which I added to my collection....one by Sophie Dahl, granddaughter of Roald Dahl who wrote many fun books, called "Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights...lots of great recipes in there...and then  I also bought "The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook"...also excellent.

Today has been a wonderful day....blue sky and cool temperatures (in the 70's as opposed to the 90's) very nice change of pace....very much looking forward to enjoying the next few days.  We went to the Farmers Market, got some more peaches, some kale, basil, cucumbers and sweet corn.  Which shall be cooked just enough to heat it through, but not cook it much. 2-3 minutes tops.  Also getting lots of lovely tomatoes out of the garden.

After the Farmers Market we took a walk along the creek, circled back to town and walked downtown a bit...my favorite walk.  We also stopped at the library, I had a book on hold..Herbert Shelton;s 'Fasting Can Save Your Life'.  Looking forward to reading that.  Also got another yoga dvd...this one by Rodney Yee.  I have yet to actually do any of it....but I am getting there.....I also bought a lovely tie dyed shirt and a skirt but I think I will exchange the skirt for another shirt...and got a long sleeved tie dyed onesie for my nephews new little girl.

Then we did a bit of food shopping, came home...chased the boys off of their computers....by...taking them to the movies!!  But at least they are out of the house.  Now to go pick more tomatoes, prop up the plants which are totally falling over and read Dr. Shelton's book.

And eat some red grapes.  yum. The other day I ate an entire container of champagne grapes...my my they are so good!

ciao bellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment