Thursday, May 5, 2011

DAY 3/60 IS IT DETOX?

I seem to have a cold......but it also feels like detox.  Could be both....today is day 3 of juice feasting.  It is easy..and I am proud that I have maintained when I could have caved...luckily my appetite is off....so hunger feelings are easier to deal with as I really don't feel them much at the moment.  I made 3 quarts of orange/graperfruit juice yesterday but I didn't drink much of it.  The grapefruit were old and mushy and didn't taste very good.  I was thinking that mixed with the oj they were okay...but I just couldn't bring myself to drink much of it.  Luckily I wasn't very hungry.   Late in the afternoon I mixed up 4 scoops of my raw greens powder (Garden of Life) in some water and drank that.  That helped alot.  Then in the evening I made a quart of carrot apple juice with a bit of greens in it....and then mixed 2 scoops of my Raw Power protein powder in that....it has maca in it which I was hoping would give me a bit more energy.  I was really feeling tired yesterday....got totally stressed out driving..which brought out my not so finer qualities....on the way home,  I had to give my husband a ride to and from his office as he took his car in for maintenance....on the way there I upset him as I just was so annoyed and impatient and frustrated...on the way home I was pretty much the same so when I picked him up I had him drive.  Then I came home, reheated some leftovers called that dinner (they were very good really.....bean enchilada casserole with sauteed zucchini, onions to which I added white corn and a can of diced tomatoes...)  I went to bed early as I was quite tired.  Today I am still quite tired...it does feel like a cold...but some of it is detox I swear.....I had a nice big poop (get used to it) last night that smelled quite foul and afterwards I definitely felt better.   So today's juice is my 2 lbs of carrots, 3 heads of romaine lettuce, 1/2 bunch of celery, package of small sweet peppers, 1/2 bunch of parsley, 1/2 bunch of dandelion greens, 4 apples, 4 oranges and a sour not ripe lemon.  It is good, but I think I won't add the lemon the next time.  Going out for a massage and a chiropractic treatment this afternoon....I was reared 2 weeks ago...still healing. 

What do I hope to accomplish on this juice feast?  I would like to see my skin get younger, more elastic...I would love to lose my varicose veins completely, I would love for my gray hairs to go away.....they do seem to decrease quite a bit when I am juicing, eating alot of greens....and of course I would love to get down to my ideal weight.  Is it 166?  or 156?  or 146?  or somewhere in between?  So far (I know it's only day 3 but yesterday was an unusual day....) I have lost 5.5 pounds! 

That is great...

No comments:

Post a Comment