Monday, November 10, 2008

INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE

Arrrrrgh! I have gone over to the dark side. I will admit it. I am insane in the membrane. Have scarcely eaten any raw food for over a week. sigh. Not eating alot of dairy, not eating meat, but my eating has spiraled out of control. I am in that insane zone where I am nearly incapable of eating anything truly healthy. Like Angela Stokes, riding her bicycle all around the town in Iceland over and over again to get the free treats to eat.......I am just stuck in this crazy rut. How to break out.....#1) You have to want to? hmmm will meditate on that one. #2) This one works best for me.......just say to yourself, yes, yummy chocolate for dinner, followed by lots of toast and butter yes......as you make yourself a salad and eat it. I think it's door number 2 for me..... as I can't think of a logical #3....I mean it is really a simple thing.....but sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to do.

And then I have done even more insane things like sign up for these 'free' weight loss products all which come with an iron anvil of a fine print that says you will be receiving more product monthly on autoship unless you cancel........but they don't give you any help with that part. And I ordered 4 different ones like that!!! Insane in the membrane. (But I will tell you if they help!!)

Ooooh....got some nice new flannel sheets at Target this weekend.....so soft they are and such a good price. Woolrich brand, with a small leaf/pine needle print on ivory....$25 for queen set and $15 for twin set....got 3 sets, for all of our beds. So soft soft soft they are...........I love flannel sheets....I even like them in the summer.

Fun fun fun.........we had lots of fun this past weekend. My husband is a professor and he invited all of the new people over for dinner....a potluck....and there were including us, at least 20 people, 2 toddlers (adorable 19 month old twin boys), a 3 yr old, 5 yr old, 9 yr old and our 12 & 14 yr old...I brought up a bunch of toys from the basement, transformers and the like and a bunch of stuffed animals including our large beautiful stuffed tiger. And, our house got totally cleaned!! It looks so good......floors mopped, woodwork & walls washed, bathrooms cleaned, clutter disappeared...... it is so nice to have a clean house....will try and keep it up better as I hate house cleaning.........but love a clean house. To get in the mood for this (my excuse) I bought a bottle of Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Blanc champagne.........oh it was soo good and I was soo bad...over the course of the afternoon and evening I drank the entire bottle myself...but this stuff was the real deal, real champagne as it is so light in the system....I did spread out the drinking of it over a good period of time, but it just didnt' faze my system at all....for which I am thankful. I love love love champagne....prefer it to just about anything. Why drink wine when a glass of champagne costs about the same and is sooooo good???

Am planning on another bottle for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's...and tis a pity my husband doesn't drink. So love it that I don't have to share.

So......being admittedly Insane in the Membrane.....but longing to be other....I will attempt to pull myself out of this awful rut..... but it is not fair...it's the holidays and Cost Plus World Market now has those insanely wonderfully scrumptious Reber Mozart Chocolates which are made with dark chocolate and a pistachio/hazlenut marzipan....oh they are soooooo good...........those and champagne.....oh I shall be thin I shall be good I shall be thin I shall be good....insane in the membrane....

la la la

ciao bellas
Eat more Greens!!! (I shall........)
love,
Alessandra

No comments:

Post a Comment