Friday, October 24, 2008

COLD - COLDS - AI YI YI

I can't believe it's been an entire week since I last posted here. But then again I can. My life seems to be moving faster and faster recently....lots of stuff going on, lots of stress, still not 100% sure this cold has left...as it's still lingering in my sinuses....out damn cold.....leave me be! And I have definitely been a bit dysfunctional in the food scene. Not overly so, but I have yet to return to 100% raw. sigh. I am still doing green smoothies......they are always good, but I have brought salad for lunch 3 days in row and not eaten it, and ended up eating cocktail peanuts and cashews and mozarella cheetos (at least they aren't dayglo orange) etc. And dinners have been ok, but cooked.....more of my yummy veggie filled lentil soup, sprouted grain toast (ezekial bread) with peanut butter and cinnamon and stevia.......bananas, apples......nuts....yah.

Cooked food makes me gain weight. And the kickboxing...well, I missed almost 2 weeks when I was sick, then missed this Tuesday because my husband's tenure vote was Tuesday and it was approved unanimously, so we went out to celebrate rather than go to kickboxing. I did go Wednesday, but will not be going tonight or tomorrow as my dh and I are going to Santa Fe to celebrate his tenure. But I am hoping to really focus more on it next week......though it's election week and I am totally freaked about how things are going to play out no matter what happens...
no matter who gets 'selected'. I am freaked about unreliable possibly tampered with voting machines, voter intimidation, the fringe out-there who believe outrageous things and are prone to outrageous acts......may they be limited to internet postings and outrageous remarks and peaceful actions.....

And I am stressed about my friend Tammy....having sent her back to Nebraska after spending nearly $2500 and she is no better off than she was before.......oh this bothers me so much, as I was truly wanting to get some real results, real help for her. sigh. Now with dropping stock prices and limited options.........it's starting to feel very hard....but I am turning it over to a higher power as I know it is not in my control....

Morning weight today was 186.....sigh. Not awful, but no sustained progress........sigh sigh sigh.

Today so far I've had my green smoothie with tons of parsley and kale, some organic grapes and fresh squeezed oj and 2 bananas....it was very filling.

Then I had a coconut cream pie Lara bar......I am very conflicted about eating Lara bars, as the company is now owned by a large corporation, General Mills or some such...and they have totally compromised on the original product. They now put out a 60% raw bar, called "Peanut Butter Cookie".......I really have to quit. It goes against my principles, very much. But they really hit the spot in the middle of the day when I am at work. So make your own, girl!!! Yes I know....
I have made something like them, and they have been good.......just have to keep it up.

So......hoping to be more raw, and eat my salad for lunch today...rather than having it just go bad on me, like the last one, (after being brought back and forth to the office 3 times, no refrigeration except overnight....) silly me.

Going to Santa Fe this weekend....don't expect to be all raw......just high raw. Will resume the 100% next week. It is hard to do when you still feel like you have a cold and the weather turns cold cold cold........excuses yes.....but it does make it harder.

ciao bellas!
love
Alessandra

No comments:

Post a Comment