Sunday, August 24, 2008

Raw Tigress' Raw Adventures Part One

I have known about raw foods for a few years now, eaten all raw for 17 and then 23 days, juice feasted for 17 days, done various colon cleansing fasts and weeklong Master Cleanses and waffled for far too long. I am newly committing myself to raw as I see the effects of waffling taking me down......when I want to soar to new heights. The first I ever heard of raw, was when I stumbled upon Shazzie's online journal...it was such an inspiration (and still is....Shazz..you rock!), and ventured into raw, only to let my cravings and addictions pull me under. Also lack of experience....mainly I didn't prepare well, and got too hungry...so resorted to cooked food. Then I found Michelle's From Sad to Raw website, and journaled on there for a while, but was never truly raw,so eventually dropped off. Thank you Michelle for the wonderful community you created and for the inspiration of your journey. And of course, I have lots of books....as many as I need, books on raw, raw recipe books, and which I love.

However what is truly inspiring me to go raw and commit to walking my talk is my friend Tammy. She has been sick for many years, and just recently found out what has been the main reason, extremely high levels of toxins in her system, arsenic, mercury and lead. Yeah. So along with the chelation therapy she will be receiving, I am going to give her lots of fresh juices, green smoothies and raw foods. She has had this poison in her system for a long time, much damage has been done, and I say quite sincerely, that without my help, she would have died. I have tried to help her for many years, and it was only recently that events occurred that made it possible, with the help of a true angel,for me to be in a position to get her the help she needs.

Tammy is a strong and positive spirit, she has had to become so to stay alive, and she is an inspiration to me. I truly believe, that with raw foods and juices her body will heal, all that was lost will be restored. And it is going to happen easily and miraculously......

So, today, after reading almost all of Aleesha's posts (I started at the beginning and have been working my way forward) I have started on my new life. I began the day with a weigh in...189 pre-evacuation....not terrible for being 5'11" tall, but I have a nice large pillow around my middle that I am happy to release.

30 pounds are wonderfully leaving my body. So, weigh in, shower, then I came downstairs, made a fiber drink of 1 scoop of Dr. Natura's Colonix fiber and one packet of Blessed Herbs Toxin Absorber (ginger) with a bit of stevia in the water.

Drank that down with some extra water, then made 2 quarts of Master Cleanse juice (lemon, maple syrup, cayenne). I added 1/4 teaspoon of a strong cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon of maca powder, to 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 1/2 cup of maple syrup. Added enough water to make 2 quarts, and a dropperful of stevia to add sweetness.......and it is delicious.

I also took a tablespoonful of bee pollen and later will have a large glass of water with a large amount of E3 Live in it. I have just recently started with the E3Live, and also the Brain On and the MSM, and while I am generally a sceptic, I am now a believer in the benefits of E3 Live and the MSM....my heels which have been quite seriously calloused over, and split with deep painful cracks are now nearly all smooth and the cracks are soon to be a thing of the past.

I read about heel cracks since mine were bothering me most grieviously and found that they are related to blood sugar and diabetes, and realized that mine did come on when I ate something sweet. Eat a sweet, get a deep painful crack almost immediately. Diabolical!! I was getting cracks on my heels, one on the bottom of my foot up near the "ball" of the foot, and even got one on my thumb!!! That was the last straw!!! But the E3 Live, helps give me a bit of leeway, as it wasn't always processed sweets that would create a crack. However, the crack (crevices actually) are good motivators not to eat sweets!

The E3 Live has also definitely lifted my mood, and most wonderful of all..... made it possible to enjoy lots of sexy loving with my husband. This is major as for years I wasn't the least bit interested. Can we say Candida? Shit. (Can I say shit on here??)

So I am fasting for a week, alternating between fresh green juices and veggie juices and the Master Cleanse drink....then on to 100% raw foods. I can taste that yummy fresh watermelon juice I am going to do all day one day this week ....can't wait.

Today's Master Cleanse drink, with it's little bit of cayenne is definitely being felt by my stomach, which tells me how much I have been abusing the poor thing. So, must go off and out to enjoy this beautiful August day....just me and my hub.

Ciao bellos
The Tigress is Rarin' Rawin' Roarin' to GO GO GO!!!

Alessandra aka OceanMoonTigress



No comments:

Post a Comment